Hello. My name is Ashley and I am a Christmas Jammies junkie. Read More
Self care is so important in our busy lives.
Here are some of my favorite things to make “me time” that much better!
Mother’s day is coming!! Don’t be a jerk and forget 🙂 I mean that politely, of course. Everyone has someone who has been a mother figure in their life.
In hopes you can start thinking about what you would like to do for your mom, mail to your mom, deliver to your mom, surprise your mom….. START THINKING NOW.
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Skin Care – Colleen Rothschild Radiant cleansing balm is my fave!
- A customized necklace, earrings if she likes jewelry.
- A Plant or assorted flowers in a pretty pot for her patio, sunny window or front porch.
- Book a spa day or take her to lunch.
- Pick up lunch and take it to her.
- A framed photo or photo book of family/grandkids.
- A lovely candle.
- A bouquet of flowers.
- A basket of bath goodies.
- A new perfume – roller balls are fairly inexpensive.
- A nice card… that arrives a couple days ahead.
Deliver the gift in person if possible. If it’s not possible than call. facetime, skype. Just make some kind of contact in some way.
I realize we are all in different places and situations. I hope that on Mother’s Day you can find peace and joy knowing that you were born on purpose. It’s your job to find that purpose.
What are your thoughts on planners? I started using one a long time ago. Actually it was a desk calendar long before I became an “apple product addict” and started using an online calendar. Eventually I realized I’m a visual person and need to write things down.
My most favorite planners are the ones that have the whole month layout as well as weekly layouts. I need one that lays flat with tabs that separate each month. I would prefer a 15-18 month planner but find I get tired of it after 12 months and start looking for something new.
I used the Lilly Pulitzer planner last year and thought it was really nice for $30++! They have since changed the design and I have to say I’m not a fan. It had a protective thick cardboard cover with spiral binding that allowed it to be folded backwards. Pockets, stickers and plenty of room to personalize was secondary to the layout.
I found a planner made by Me&My Big Ideas and it’s almost as good. Only 12 months but the thick plastic coated cover and large spiral make it a decent runner up to my previous love.
And then there are bullet journals and although it seems fun it may be a little to overwhelming.
What’s your favorite planner?
- Make a list. Creating a To-Do list with things like Do Laundry or Empty Dishwasher can help you stay focused on what really needs to be done. As each task is completed draw a line through it.
2. Stay positive. Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Thinking positive thoughts actually help us feel better. Make up a mantra and repeat it in your mind to push the negative ones out. Think something like this: “I have everything I need to be happy and I am thankful today for_______.” Fill in the blank. Are you thankful for the sun streaming through your curtains? Are you thankful for the friend that called to say hello? Are you thankful you weren’t actually out of toilet paper?
3. Be aware. I have preached this before but you should always be aware and observant. Complacency is not your friend. Be aware of yourself, your family, bank account, co-workers, credit score, neighbors, what’s in your refrigerator, etc …. You can’t improve things if you don’t know where you stand.
4. Be proactive. It’s as simple as this: Do the right thing, don’t be jerk to others and don’t treat your body like an out-house.
5. Finally, there can’t be a true-er phrase when it comes to keeping your act together: Don’t sweat the small stuff. Give yourself a break if you mess up. We are not perfect and we are allowed to make mistakes. Just try to learn from them, “yeah THAT was not my best decision” and move on. Do not beat yourself up.
As we skate into the new year we contemplate how to make our life better, less stressful, more enjoyable. Eventually, in my opinion, this all rolls into one word – MONEY. Read More
My 12 favorites can’t be complete without Subscription Boxes.
Over the past few years I have tried several different ones. These are the ones I continue to go back to.
First let’s talk about RocksBox. What girl doesn’t like to get new jewelry? I’m talking about NICE jewelry from designers like Kendra Scott, House of Harlow, Perry Street & Sophie Harper to name a few.
Every time I open my goodie box from them I am always impressed. Your monthly membership fee is credited towards any items you purchase from the selection.
RocksBox allows you to wear the jewelry for a certain time period and return or purchase!
You can share your personal link to invite your friends and receive credit to spend on your favorite pieces!! Click the link to go to my RocksBox if you’d like to sign up.
Personal Stylist…….. Need I say more?
When you sign up take a few minuted to complete the style survey. It’s extremely detailed and allows you to be very specific…… answer some questions about your preferred style and wait to be amazed at how your stylist selects the most perfect items for you. You can select a price category as well!!
I have linked my personal Pinterest board to my StitchFix account so that my stylist can see what my style is and if I have pinned any new things. I have received jeans, dress pants, skirts, shoes, bags, blazers, sweaters, jackets, wristlets, scarves….. I could go on and on. I have kept all of the items sent a couple times but typically I will keep one or two things. I have never been disappointed! Click the link below to go to my StitchFix site if you’d like to give it a try! Now that a men’s subscription is also offered I’m thinking I may have to sign up the hub’s!!!
I don’t know how they do it but the stylists always seem to nail it!!
For around $20 bucks a month you have a selection of items (jewelry for RocksBox & clothing &/or accessories from StitchFix) put together based on your preferences.
Either one of these subscriptions are a gift I give myself every couple of months! I love that I can put my membership on hold at my discretion.
Have a fantastic day!! – Ashley XOXO